Monday, December 7, 2009

Movies on DVD Review

So, while I'm not feeling so hot, thanks to some other guest a the company party over the weekend, I think, either that or some nice tenant that came in to pay their storage fees and left me a parting virus gift, I watched four movies I hadn't seen yet, on DVD borrowed from the library.

1. Transporter 3. I sorta liked the first one, and am indifferent about the second. I think that may have something to do with where I was and who I was with. This time, I watched most of this next to the sleeping body of my Superman while I was pretending to knit, wrapped in a blanket fighting a bug. So, it seemed very exciting and intense. I recognize the main villain is currently a character on 'Heroes' and while I like to give appropriate recognition where I should, I just don't have the energy to find his name at this time. If I had to rate it, I'd say it was pretty good and would recommend it to anybody that likes guns and car chases, has seen the first two, especially those disappointed in anyway by the second one.

2. Baby Mama. I got a little tired of Amy Poehler's character because I know someone just like that right now, not someone I admire so not really impressed with watching it in a movie. I really liked seeing Steve Martin, just wish there were a little more of him. It was funny interesting, not something I wouldn't recommend except to someone too immature to have kids.

3. Madagascar 2. Just as good as the first. I would recommend it. Lots of new characters, recognisable voices. Funny, well put together plot, graphics, everything. I would recommend it, especially if you've seen the first.

4. Coraline. I was really looking forward to seeing this one, wish I could have seen it on the big screen, I'm sure all of the hard work would have made a bigger impact. Unlike most of the movies you can see on DVD, there are no 'behind the scene' extras, for me that was disappointing. I read the Julia Sweeney watched it this weekend too, scared her little girl. Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it for viewing by little kids or young children as it the subject is Coraline fighting off a villain who kills children (although that may not be blatant) but the animation was awesome. Sort of a cross between 'Alice in Wonderland' meets 'Nightmare Before Christmas'.

Hope you had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment